Wednesday, 22 April 2009

2000 Weld in 1?

Milan 09: Jun Hashimoto of Junio Design will present a chair made of stainless steel wire at SaloneSatellite in Milan next week.

Each Web Chair features 2000 welds.

Hashimoto will present her work under on a stand calle Books, which is a collaboration with designer Tatsuo Yamamoto.

Here’s some text from Hashimoto:

"Last year, I was honored to receive the Design Report Award Special Mention, for my “Thin Chair”. I am happy to inform you that I will be joining the SaloneSatellite again this year."






Web chair
Design : Jun Hashimoto
Photo by Satoshi Asakawa
A Chair that appears and disappears like a spider web. The weightlessness (approx. 2.1kgs) allows a woman to hold the chair with just one hand. Stainless steel wire/length: approx. 140m, diameter: 1.5mm. Approximately 2000 welding points holds the chair together.

Via: Dezeen
Ps// Happy Mid Week! I am still down with a very bad throat. Sigh, but nevertheless, I guess, it is not getting me down, cause I still manage to play prank on Mok. Ask me and I'll tell you! Haha.

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

take care, haha. why does everyone love playing pranks on her? poor thing.. hahahha

rena

Anonymous said...

YA LOR! IRRITATING.

itstheant said...

that must be Jun!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha. ya lah.